Senior mens rugby at Galwegians has a long and illustrious history, covering both high level play and serious enjoyment of the game.
Our Mens First team play in the All Ireland League division 2B. Galwegians is also one of Connacht’s Senior clubs, playing for the provincial Senior League and Senior Cup titles.
The Mens Firsts are an important proving ground for young talent, with many players gaining Ireland caps and moving to professional careers in the sport.
Our Mens Seconds act as a feeder to AIL level, and play in the Connacht Junior League.
Our Mens Thirds are also a strong and competitive squad, and also play in the Connacht Junior League.
The Mens U20s are our development squad between the Youth Academy and the highest level of the club game. The U20s play in the Leinster League against the main Munster clubs as well as the other Connacht clubs who field teams at this level.
Training for Mens Firsts, Seconds and U20s takes place at 7pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays in Crowley Park. The Mens Thirds train at 8pm.
Mens Adult Rugby Contacts
- Coach: Brendan Guilfoyle
- Manager: Martin Kelly – tel 087 763 7383 or
- Coach: Abraham Afolabi – tel 083 043 5399 or
- Manager: Christy Murphy – tel 087 160 2384 or
- Coach: Dave Gallagher – tel 086 302 7600 or
- Manager: Paul Colleran
- Coach: Packie Curran – tel 087 677 5410 or
- Manager: Gerry Lowry – tel 085 177 8122 or
- Carl Blake – tel 086 236 0136 or