Welcome to Galwegians
Galwegians is one of Connacht and Ireland’s leading rugby clubs based in the historic Crowley Park grounds on the Dublin Road in Galway City.
Pitch Development Fund Appeal
We have set a ring-fenced fundraising for complete pre-season work to develop one end of our main pitch and improve the top pitch sand area.
We are appealing to all members to contribute to help us provide this vital resource to players so we can make our long-awaited Return to Rugby. Please click here for more info
Latest Match Reports
- Firsts 10 – Malahide 17 Sat Feb 29th
- Thirds 33 – Claremorris 20 Sun Feb 23rd
- Firsts 15 – Ballina 7 Sat Feb 22nd
- Firsts 7 – Dungannon 7 Sat Feb 15th
- U14 Black 0 – Buccaneers 19 Sun Jan 26th
For earlier reports see the squad pages in our Matches section.
- Galwegians Pitch Development Fund Appeal
- Call to Youth Academy Coaches, Managers and Volunteers
- Seeking Women’s Head Coach
- Advice from our club doctor regarding COVID-19
- Advice from the HSE regarding COVID-19
- Visit our Galwegians Rugby Flickr site for all our photo albums.
About Galwegians RFC
Galwegians is one of Connacht and Ireland’s leading rugby clubs with an active community of over 700 players and members.
Our Firsts play in division 2B of the All Ireland League, our Womens side are amongst the leaders in Irish womens rugby, and our Youth Academy provides a well-trodden path to Connacht and Ireland caps.
Alongside our on-field aspirations, there is a strong emphasis on enjoyment of the game and building a community at ‘Wegians.
The story of our club dates back almost 100 years, and our Crowley Park ground with historic Glenina clubhouse are the spirit of Galwegians rugby.