Welcome to Galwegians
Galwegians is one of Connacht and Ireland’s leading rugby clubs based in the historic Crowley Park grounds on the Dublin Road in Galway City.
Latest Match Reports
- Mens Seconds 36 – Sligo 5 Sun Jan 15th
- Mens Firsts 0 – Enniscorthy 44 Sat Jan 14th
- Mens Firsts 41 – Enniscorthy 18 Sat Dec 10th
- Womens Firsts 15 – Suttonians 10 Sat Dec 3rd
- Mens Firsts 31 – Wanderers 31 Sat Dec 3rd
For earlier reports see the squad pages in our Matches section.
- Kieran “Dint” Downey hits 50 AIL Caps
- Brendan Guilfoyle Profile
- Shane O’Brien Profile
- Jarrad Butler Profile
- Don Crowley – RIP
About Galwegians RFC
Galwegians is one of Connacht and Ireland’s leading rugby clubs with an active community of over 700 players and members.
Our Firsts play in division 2B of the All Ireland League, our Womens squad are amongst the leaders in Irish womens rugby, and our Youth Academy provides a well-trodden path to Connacht and Ireland caps.
Alongside our on-field aspirations, there is a strong emphasis on enjoyment of the game and building a community at ‘Wegians.
The story of our club dates back over 100 years, and our Crowley Park ground with historic Glenina clubhouse are the spirit of Galwegians rugby.