Training times and locations
Players should be on the field fully togged out at least five minutes before training begins.
Parents, please arrange to collect your players on time as supervision is not guaranteed after training sessions.
GUM SHIELDS ARE COMPULSORY FOR ALL AGES. No player is allowed to train or play without a properly fitting gum shield.
- Training: Strong sports clothing, any colour.
- Games: Complete club strip – official blue jersey, black shorts, blue socks, clean boots.
Kukri are the official suppliers of all Galwegians rugby gear.
All players must join Galwegians and pay their annual club subscription promptly by the end of October. Unregistered players will not be allowed to train or play after this date.
For full information about membership including online payment facilities, see Membership under Club Services.
Your membership subscription includes:
- Travel to away matches (excluding tours)
- Entry to all the home AIL games
- One parent/guardian becoming affiliated member of Galwegians
- Use of Galwegians facilities for parties/events, subject to conditions
- Ability to apply for international tickets
Codes of Conduct
Rugby is recognised throughout the world as a model for sportsmanship.
The IRFU provides codes of conduct for players, coaches, parents, spectators and referees. All Galwegians are expected abide by this.
Every time we pull on a jersey, hoodie or tie we are representing Galwegians, a club with 90 years of proud history.