The purpose of this policy is to protect Club members, minimise risk and ensure that Galwegians RFC social media is always used appropriately. This policy covers all members of Galwegians RFC.
Materials published on the Club’s various social media outlets is strictly controlled by the club’s Communications team. This policy will set social media guidelines for our club members to follow in a similar to the way club members follow our Code of Conduct when representing Galwegians RFC.
The key message is: Think Before You Type!
Anything you post may be impossible to delete completely from public records, and may be linked with you personally for the foreseeable future.
- Posts on Galwegians social media or media linked to Galwegians RFC social media, be it photos, comments or links should not be inappropriate.
- Users must not engage in activities or transmit content that is harassing, discriminatory, menacing, threatening, obscene, defamatory, or in any way objectionable or offensive.
- Each person posting must bear in mind that what they deem to be appropriate or inoffensive may be inappropriate or offensive to other members.
- The Club’s social media outlets are used by all members as well as guests. Therefore anyone posting must ensure that content and tone are appropriate for children, senior citizens and vulnerable persons.
- Users are personally responsible for what they communicate in social media and should remember that what they publish may be available to a wider audience over a lengthy period of time.
- Users should not engage in any inappropriate chat with young members (remember, the term ‘young person’ means those under 18 years old).
- Users should not criticise a player’s performance or insult any player, coach, referee or other members. Remember this is our club; win, lose, or draw we should stand with them “Shoulder to shoulder”.
- Users must remember that the Club is run by volunteers for the benefit of all members, and show respect to our Club and others.
- Comments, posts, photos, or links that are deemed to be inappropriate will be removed by the administrators.
- All Social media accounts that represent the club must be registered and approved by the Club Committee and remain under the ownership of the Club at all times.