The IRFU has provided the following advice and attached posters for the corona virus (COVID-19).
- Wash your hands properly and regularly
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve when you cough and sneeze.
- Put used tissues into a bin and wash your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Follow the travel advice from the Department of Foreign Affairs
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
Wash your hands
- After coughing or sneezing
- After toilet use
- Before eating
- Before and after preparing food
- If you are in contact with a sick person, especially those with respiratory symptoms
- If your hands are dirty
- If you have handled animals or animal waste
If you have symptoms of coronavirus, phone your GP or local emergency department (ED) without delay. Do not go to your GP or ED. Phone them first. If you do not have a GP, phone 112 or 999. Tell them about your symptoms. Give them the details about your situation.
Avoid contact with other people by self-isolating.